Practifi Propel is our premium analytics feature, powered by Salesforce CRM Analytics. Once enabled in your organization, Practifi Propel organizes and surfaces important data in meaningful ways so executives and key decision makers can make informed decisions regarding clients, profitability and overall business health. This article walks through the process of enabling Practifi Propel in your organization. For additional information about the components of Practifi Propel, please consult our Understanding and Using Practifi Propel article.
Please note: Practifi Propel is an add-on service. If you'd like to learn more about pricing and access to this feature, please contact your firm's Client Success Manager.
- Practifi Propel User License
- Enablement Steps
Practifi Propel User License
Each Propel subscription includes access to 10 Propel user licenses. These licenses are for system administrators and Propel users who need to create, configure and deploy power dashboards. Capabilities include:
Hit the ground running with our pre-built dashboards
Configure them to meet the firm's exact needs
Create your own dashboards using the rich data created by our processing service, as well as other analytics assets such as individual charts (called lenses)
Easily share those assets with other Propel Users via the Analytics page
Empower users to curate their own collections of analytics assets
Access richer capabilities within dashboards, such as presentation mode and annotations
For additional details about pricing and license setup, please contact your firm's Client Success Manager.
The following enablement instructions are actionable only after Practifi Propel licenses have been assigned to your organization.
- Navigate to Salesforce Setup by selecting the cog icon in the upper right-hand corner and Setup from the drop-down menu.
- In Salesforce Setup, select the Getting Started option under the Analytics menu on the left-hand side.
- Select the Enable CRM Analytics button to turn the feature on in your organization.
Ensure the Integration User user record has access to Practifi's objects and fields, as this record is used to manage the data import into CRM Analytics.
Open its User record in Salesforce Setup and assign it a Practifi license (one is included with the Propel package), along with the Custom Objects, Fields & System - Read & Edit permission set.
Add permission sets to Practifi users based on their Propel needs:
- Assign CRM Analytics Plus Admin permission sets to users configuring dashboards in Analytics Studio and any System Administrators within the organization.
- Assign CRM Analytics Plus User permission sets to users who wish to create and modify dashboards in Analytics Studio or use the Studio license's enhanced capabilities (optional).
- Assign the Additional Apps - Executive and Analytics View Only User permission set to users who need access to dashboards from the Executive app in Practifi.
- Assign Analytics View Only User permission sets to all other Practifi users (optional).
Please note: This permission is only required if your firm wishes to create custom dashboards for these users, as they won't be able to see the dashboards in the Executive app or the Analytics page.
Feed Tracking (Optional)
To enable feed tracking in your organization:
- Navigate to Feature Settings > Chatter > Feed Tracking in Salesforce Setup.
- Locate the Analytics Asset object.
- Click Enable Feed Tracking to turn on Annotations within dashboards.
CRM Analytics App
To install Propel's visualizations, you must create a CRM Analytics app. To create a CRM Analytics app, perform the following steps:
- From the App Launcher, search for and select Analytics Studio.
- In the top-right corner, select Create > App.
- From the Create a New App window, select Practifi, then click Continue.
- Click through the subsequent screens, give the app a name, and then click Create.
- The modal closes, taking you to a progress tracking page displaying live progress as the app's assets are installed into the organization.