While it's expected that the owner of a task will be the one to fulfill Checklist items, fill out Active Form Fields or mark the task as complete, there are times when this work is done by others on the team. For example, team members might collaborate on a task, or a user who is not assigned the task might be covering for a colleague who’s out of the office. Advanced execution management makes it possible to specify which roles can perform work on a task on behalf of another user.
This article explains how advanced execution management works and shows you how to enable it in your Practifi organization.
How Advanced Execution Management Works
There are two fields on the Process Task record that determine what users aside from the owner can perform work on the task. These fields impact the task's settings as follows:
- Roles that can execute this Task - In addition to the task's owner, team members related to the Entity that have a Servicing Team Role selected in this field will be able to modify Active Form Fields, complete Checklist items and use the Mark as Complete action.
- Bus. Roles that can execute this Task - In addition to the task's owner, team members related to the Entity that have a Business Role selected in this field will be able to modify Active Form Fields, complete Checklist items and use the Mark as Complete action.
Setting Up Advanced Execution Management
Advanced execution management is set at the Process Task level. To designate which roles can execute a given task, do the following:
- From the Settings app, click the caret and select Process Types.
- Open the desired process.
- Click the Process Tasks subtab, then select the name of the process task you want to edit.
- On the Basics tab, scroll down to the Task Settings section.
- Click the pencil icon to edit one or both of the following fields: Roles that can execute this Task
and Bus. Roles that can execute this Task.
- Click to highlight the role(s) you want to add, then click the right arrow to add to the Chosen box.
Please note: If you choose Client Service, users will need to be a part of an Entity's Servicing Team in order to edit tasks related to them.
- To finish, click Save.