**Note: Before you consider merging the records please go through the below article to know what entities would not be merged into the Master record from the Child record.**
To merge duplicate records in Households/Primary Contacts, please complete the below steps:
Step 1: Identifying Duplicate records
1. Navigate to the Data Management page within the User menu
2.Within the Data Management page, navigate to the Clients tab
3. Navigate to the bottom of the Clients page to find the Export button. Click on the Export button to export the data to a CSV file.
4. Now that you have the CSV file downloaded, we have to identify the duplicate records. To identify the duplicate records, please go through the below guide and do the same for the Household column:
5. The same can also be done for the Primary Contact column.
Step 2: Merge the Duplicate records
1. In the Data Management page Clients tab, search for the duplicate record using the Search bar.
2. Enter the duplicate household you would like to search and click Apply.
3. Once the duplicates are displayed, tick the small checkbox next to the records
4. Once all the duplicate records are selected, click the drop-down button next to the 'Mass Update Selected Rows' button and click 'Merge Clients'.
5. You will now be taken to a Salesforce page to 'Merge My Entities'.
6. Please choose the Master Record and the duplicate records including the Primary Contact.
7. Click on Merge.