Advice firms are made up of people who are all performing different and vital roles. Whether they manage assets, book appointments or ensure everything the firm does is compliant, each user has different information needs. One common thread among these roles is the need to have fast access to all the information they care most about.
Practifi enables a personalized experience through our role-based apps, ensuring users can access the most relevant information quickly and efficiently. Out of the box, Practifi provides users with a suite of apps designed to cater to some commonly found roles in a firm. This article outlines the functionality available through the Management app.
The Management App
Managers are focused on the firm's Prospects and Clients and their continued potential for the firm's pipeline. The Management app is built with this in mind, giving users access to Client and Prospect information quickly so managers can return to providing value to current Clients or gaining new ones.
Users can be assigned the Management app as their default app, meaning that they will automatically land on this app when logging into Practifi, or they have the Management app available in addition to their other assigned apps. A user will need to have the Practifi - Assigned Apps - Management permission set assigned to their user profile to access the app. For additional information on assigning permission sets to user profiles, please consult our Managing User Permissions article. Once assigned the correct permission set, the app will become available in the App Launcher located in the upper left-hand corner of Practifi.
The Home Page
The Home Page displays activities occurring in your firm and displays the information that matters most into a series of tiles and charts. Selecting a chart or tile reveals the records related to them in a record table. To learn more about the Home Page, please consult our Understanding the Home Page and Using the Home Page articles.
Tiles within the Management app are focused on tasks and key Client events to help with the day-to-day work of the management user. The standard tiles available and the information they pull in are as follows:
- My Tasks
- Open tasks - Tasks assigned to your user profile with a related entity attached and not in the status of Completed or Cancelled.
- Open tasks in my queue - Tasks assigned to a queue that you are in with a related entity attached and not in the status of Completed or Cancelled.
- Due and overdue tasks - Tasks assigned to your user profile with a related entity attached, not in the status of Completed or Cancelled with a due date that is either today or any date in the past.
- Open delegated tasks - Tasks created by your user profile currently assigned to another user with a related entity attached and not in the status of Completed or Cancelled.
- Open personal tasks - Tasks created by your user profile without a related entity attached and not in the status of Completed or Cancelled.
- Due and overdue delegated tasks - Tasks created by your user profile currently assigned to another user with a related entity attached, not in the status of Completed or Cancelled with a due date that is either today or any date in the past.
System Administrators can customize tile visibility within your organization to add or remove Practifi tiles as needed. For information on customizing tile visibility, please consult our Adding and Removing Practifi Tiles article.
Charts on the Management app's Home Page help visualize critical data from client engagement with your firm. The charts available within the Management app are as follows:
- Client Work
- Open Processes by Type - Shows processes owned by the division that are not in Completed status separated by Process Type.
- Overdue Tasks by Client Segment - Displays tasks owned by the division that have passed their due date separated by Client Segment.
- Open Deals by Close Month & Stage - Displays the open Deals across the division separated by their current Deal Stage.
- Open Deals by Close Month & Type - Shows the open Deals across the division separated by their status as a Client or a Prospect.
- Client Breakdown
- AUM by Client Segment - Displays a donut chart breaking down your firm's Clients by their Client Segment and aggregating their total AUM by each Segment displayed.
- Clients Won and Lost - Shows the aggregation of Clients both gained and lost by your firm for each calendar month.
- Clients by Days Since Last Contact - Displays the division's Clients ranked in a horizontal bar chart based on their last contact date.
- Prospects by Days Since Last Contact - Shows the division's Prospects ranked in a horizontal bar chart based on their last contact date.
The Divisions Page
The Management app includes a Divisions page that displays a record table of divisions across the firm, which can be filtered by parent division. To access the Divisions page, do the following:
- Click the caret on the Navigation menu.
- The Navigation menu will display a drop-down menu of page options. Select the Divisions page.