Occasionally a PractifiU user may need their password reset. Since PractifiU is a different platform from Practifi, users will need their password reset within the PractifiU platform and not within Practifi. As a Manager in PractifiU, you can reset passwords for users and require them to change their password at their next login. For information on resetting a password within Practifi, please consult our Resetting Passwords article.
Resetting a User's Password
To reset a user's password, do the following:
- Log into PractifiU using your credentials. You will need to be designated as a Manager in order to reset a user's password. If you are not designated as a Manager and need this access, reach out to your firm's CSM or to our Practifi Support team.
- From the primary navigation menu located on the left-hand side of the PractifiU screen, select Users to open the list of PractifiU users in your firm.
- Select the name of the user whose password you need to change. This will open the User's Summary page.
- On the User's Summary page, select the Set Password button.
- In the Set a password for this user pop-up window, enter a password and re-enter it in the Password Confirmation field. Check the User must change password on login box to ensure the user will be required to reset their password upon login.
- Select Save to finish the password change and alert the user of their temporary password, which they will use to log in and reset their password.
If a user's profile is not displaying within your users list, it is likely due to them being a pending user and needing to log in to PractifiU for the first time. Pending users are not associated with your group until their initial log-in and can only be viewed by Practifi. For assistance with resending an invite to a pending user, please reach out to your CSM or Practifi contact.